Friday, November 03, 2006

Sarah Dyer - See no, Hear no, Speak no...
























‘Playing’ in the sketch book is key; I make a point of never having a plan. Sometimes the story comes first, sometimes the images, or sometimes a character is created / developed through the use of the sketch book. Story-boarding also takes place within my sketchbooks, and again helps me investigate alternative possibilities including introducing control in the pace and design of the book and story.

I wanted to continue to develop my sketchbook characters and use the triptych project as an excuse to explore it in a narrative form rather than seeing the project as something I wouldn't normally approach, something alien to my normal way of working. See no, Speak no, Hear no Evil is my result.

1 Comments:

Blogger TRIANGLE said...

I think it's good that the drawing you do has continued development and that your images show the 3 dimensional aspect to the pieces. It certainly make it much more accessible for me than some of the posts on the Triptych blog. Maybe it's just that a screen base is not best suited to express some types of drawing without additional visual aids. It's also interesting that you suggest your drawing has taken on renewed purpose as a result of responding to this blog, a clear and honest admission that is essential to promote engagement and response. Where are you with it now? Did it progress into a product/story or narrative or taken on a new path.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home